Friday, October 17, 2008

Hot Blog in the City: KC Beerfest

This Saturday marks the second and final installment of the 2nd Annual KC Beerfest. The 1st annual Beerfest was last year at the Legends in Kansas City, KS. They expanded it to two events this year, the first taking place in September at KC Live downtown. Tomorrow's event will be back at the Legends, hopefully still on top of a parking garage. Nothing aids an afternoon of beer drinking like standing on pavement with the sun beating down on you.

The event runs from 1 to 5, and I will be there sampling the various offerings, hoping they improve the awful food vendors from last year. I'm not quite sure how you hold an event surrounded by no fewer than 20 restaurants and the best food you can get is hot dogs, nachos, pretzels and seafood gumbo. Lots of different types of beer in your stomach isn't the best, add in the sun, and about the last thing I want to put in my mouth is a piece of shrimp.

I will be there starting at 1 until one of my group feels like vomiting. Recap coming next week. If you want to find me, look for the over-sized brewery mascots and/or food tents.

No comments: